- We are unhappy to announce that the LIBER 41st Conference in now over. Thank you all for coming and for making this event special and memorable for all of us!
- Conference Sessions in the Rooms Struve/ Struve 1 will be broadcast over the Internet
- Seems that the weather is going to favor all our indoors conference activities and suggests to bring umbrellas, raincoats and sweaters for tours and walks in the city.
Seems that the weather is going to favor all our indoors conference activities and suggests to bring umbrellas, raincoats and sweaters for tours and walks in the city because there will be some rain, little sunshine and degrees in late teens during next week in Tartu. So far, the sunniest and warmest weather will accompany these who are going to excursion on Saturday. Check the local weather here: http://weather.ee/tartu/
- The flag which was handed over to Tartu team in Barcelona 2011, will be hanged up in Tartu Dorpat Conference Centre tomorrow.
- Instructions how to reach the Dorpat Conference Centre. The registration starts on Tuesday at 14:00.
- LIBER 2012 Conference Poster in the LIBER Office in Hague.
- Today, the University of Tartu Library celebrates its 210th Anniversary.
- LIBER has already arrived in Tartu!
- Today, the promotional video clips of the LIBER Conference and the Euroepan Library started running on the large screen on the facade of the Dorpat Conference Centre.
- All the hotels except Tartu are now full.
- LIBER 2012 Conference has currently 340 registered participants.
- President’s Introduction for the 41st LIBER Annual Conference in Tartu.
- LIBER 2012 Conference has currently 320 registered participants.
- Estonian Air magazine In Time features article about digital literature
- Estonian Air magazine In Time features article about digital literature written by Martin Mets. The article talks about LIBER Conference as well. You can read it on Estonian Air flights until the end of June. You can also find the magazine online. Look at the pages 74-76 for Estonian and English versions.
- Today is the last day for booking hotel rooms with reduced prices
- Today is the last day for booking hotel rooms with reduced prices for the LIBER conference in Tartu. See the accommodation information... read more
- Europeana Libraries workshop will be held at LIBER Conference in Tartu
- Europeana Libraries workshop will be held at LIBER Conference in Tartu, Estonia on Wednesday, 27 June In association with the University of Tartu Library, a Europeana Libraries workshop titled ‘Reaching out to researchers: Effective communication strategies for libraries’ will be held at the 41st Annual LIBER Conference in Tartu, Estonia. Susan Reilly, Project Officer, LIBER, said, ‘In an increasingly virtual communications environment, libraries are under pressure to find new ways of interacting with and supporting their researchers. This practical workshop will help national, university and other research libraries to develop and implement effective communications strategies.Using the launch of the newly redesigned The European Library portal as an example, the workshop will include presentations and case studies illustrating successful approaches, methods and campaigns. Through breakout sessions, it will also facilitate the sharing of ideas and experiences for libraries wishing to explore new ways of reaching out to their researchers.’
- LIBER on a Journal Cover!
- The latest issue of the Estonian librarianship journal /Raamatukogu/ (/Library/) features the Tartu organising committee of LIBER conference on its front cover - all smiling and inviting people to attend the conference in June. The back cover of the journal gives some introductory information about LIBER and announces the theme and topics of the conference. Meet you in Tartu, all colleagues are welcome!
- The Academic Female Choir of the University of Tartu is the best in Estonia!
On 11 March 2012, the Academic Female Choir of the University of Tartu won the first place at the competition of Estonian female choirs, held to celebrate the 90th birthday of composer Ester Mägi.
42 choirs from all over Estonia participated in the competition in five different categories. The Academic Female Choir competed an won in the most demanding of them all, the A-category. The conductor of the choir, Triin Koch, was given the award for the best conductor in A-category.
The Academic Choir of University of Tartu will give a concert for LIBER conference participants in the Assembly Hall of the University of Tartu on 28 June 2012.
- LIBER 41st Annual Conference registration open
- Registration for LIBER 41st Annual Conference opened on 15th February.
For LIBER members, the registration fee is €210. Early registration will
close on 30th April, after that, the registration fee for LIBER members
will be €270.
Conference programme is informative and inspirational. Invited speakers will come from all over the world. Social programme of the conference offers wonderful original examples of Estonian folk and choral music. Evening receptions and concerts are held at beautifully restored historical locales. On Tuesday, 26th June, all conference delegates are invited to participate in a guided (in eight different languages, according to the participants' choice) walking tour of the city of Tartu. The conference excursion on Saturday, 30th June, will take its participants to South Estonia - an area of unique culture and language and beautiful diverse landscapes. read more
- SELECTION PROCESS STARTED
- On 7 February, LIBER 2012 Programme Committee members started to review the received abstracts for papers and posters for the 41th Annual Conference in June. Papers and posters to be presented at the conference will be carefully selected according to the reviews.
- Call for LIBER 2012 papers/posters
- Call for LIBER 2012 papers/posters - deadline extended until 5 February. read more
- Conference registration
- We are glad to announce that Conference registration will open on 15 February. Early registration will close on 30 April. Late registration will start on 1 May and close on 13 June.
- Call for LIBER 2012 Award for Library Innovation abstracts
- Call for LIBER 2012 Award for Library Innovation abstracts was launched today. read more
- Call for LIBER 2012 papers/posters
- Call for LIBER 2012 papers/posters was launched today. read more
- IX-th Congress of Baltic Librarians CoBal9
Librarians from the University of Tartu Library participated in the CoBal9, the IX-th Congress of Baltic Librarians, in Trakai, Lithuania, on 16-18 October 2011. At the opening session of the Congress, the acting director of the UT Library Malle Ermel invited our Latvian and Lithuanian colleagues to the LIBER 2012 Annual Conference in Tartu and demonstrated the introductory video clip made for conference. Her speech and the video found a warm reception among the audience.
- Facebook and Twitter
- Skype-meeting about the details of LIBER 2012
Skype-meeting about the details of LIBER 2012 between Wouter Schallier (the Hague) and Kristina Pai (Tartu).
- Tartu visit
Members of the Conference Programme Committee, LIBER Vice-President Kristiina Hormia-Poutanen and LIBER Executive Director Wouter Schallier, visited Tartu to check the infrastructure and discuss practical details. With local organisers they visited the venue – a conference center, and historical sites for receptions. Conference theme and possible innovations were under discussion.
- The Skype-meeting between Barcelona, Helsinki, the Hague and Tartu
The Skype-meeting between Barcelona, Helsinki, the Hague and Tartu was held. Organisers of the last conference in Barcelona, Anna Rovira, Marta López and Marta Cortina, shared their experiences of organising work. Wouter Schallier and Kristiina Hormia-Poutanen analysed the feedback of a very successful conference. The head of the local organising committee Kristina Pai gave an overview of the preparations made in Tartu. Tartu is waiting for LIBER!
- Welcoming video about the next LIBER conference in Tartu
In Barcelona, at the Closing Ceremony of the conference, the delegation of the University of Tartu Library presented the welcoming video about the next LIBER conference in Tartu. After the video, every participant got a small gift – a positive surprise containing pure Estonian dried wild berries.
- The LIBER flag arrived in Tartu
During the Barcelona conference, the LIBER flag was handed over to the next host library after the photo sessioon. The LIBER flag arrived in Tartu on 3 July and it is now held in honour at the University of Tartu Library.
- Conference "Crimea 2011
Libraries and Information Resources in the Modern World of Science, Culture, Education and Business" was held in Sudak (Ukraine). Olga Einasto and Kristina Pai gave a paper "Estonian Libraries in Global Information Environment – the Evolution of Cooperation", which included an overview of the LIBER history and activities. The presentation included the welcoming video about the next LIBER annual conference venue to invite colleagues to LIBER 2012 in Tartu.
- LIBER Groupe des Cartothécaires
The 17th Conference of the LIBER Groupe des Cartothécaires was held in 15-18 June 2010 in Tallinn with one conference day spent in the university town of Tartu. The general theme of the conference was "A Map Library as the Centre of Cartographic Informatione".The organizers - the National Library of Estonia and the University of Tartu Library. Conference homepage More information: here
- LIBER Board in Tartu
On 19-21 January 2011, the LIBER Board members visited the University of Tartu Library, holding the Board meeting and signing the agreement about the organisation of the LIBER Annual Conference in Tartu in 2012. The Board members visited the future venue of the Conference and saw the sights of Tartu.
- Interview with Paul Ayris
A major Estonian daily newspaper /Postimees/ published an interview with LIBER President Paul Ayris about the role of libraries in the modern world and about the activities of the LIBER on 25 January 2011. Text of the interview in Estonian. Text of the interview in English.